Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation Certificate Program
This certificate program is designed for students who are interested in launching their own business venture or working in a small to medium sized business upon graduation.
Students must complete all requirements for at least one of the College of Business's majors: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, or Management Information Systems.
Students must complete the following two required courses:
- BMGT 448 Entrepreneurship
- BMGT 458 Advanced Entrepreneurship Seminar
Students must complete an internship (BMGT 498) or submit a written new venture idea for adjudication to the John Ruffatto Business Startup Challenge (BSC), be selected for participation and present their idea at the BSC.
- This internship must be with an entrepreneurial venture.
- All internships for this certificate program must be approved by Kathleen Tarkalson. Kathleen is located in the Student Success Center, GBB L35.
Students must complete 6 credits from outside their major area of study from the following courses:
- BFIN 301 Financial Statement Analysis
- BMIS 372 Information Infrastructures
- BMIS 373 Business System Analysis & Design
- BMIS 478 E-Commerce
- BMGT 420 Leadership & Motivation
- BMGT 492 Independent Study with Entrepreneurship Focus
- BMGT 498 Internship (only if using Ruffatto Startup Challenge above)
- BMKT 342 Marketing Research
- BMKT 343 Integrated Marketing Communications
- BMKT 420 Integrated Online Marketing
- BMKT 460 Marketing of High-Tech Products & Innovations