Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi is an international scholastic and professional organization that enhances the university educational experience by providing interaction with professionals, professional development programs at campus, regional and national meetings and community service opportunities. Beta Alpha Psi is a co-curricular experience with an established set of member participation requirements. There are more than 300 active chapters located across the globe.
- serving/cleaning up at the Poverello Center every Monday;
- answering the phones at Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Missoula every Wednesday;
- helping to package and distribute food at the Montana Food Bank Service Network offices in Missoula every Tuesday;
- helping at Dress for Success Missoula on a periodic basis; and
- Highway 90 local area highway cleanup (spring and fall).
The Delta Kappa Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi is a student-run organization. Members in good standing are eligible to be elected to officer positions. We maintain a number of officer positions, including officers at large, so that students can gain experience and grow their leadership skills. With this shared leadership model, no one person is tasked with carrying out too much responsibility that they are overwhelmed. We encourage all members in good standing to consider being an officer. Elections are held during the spring semester for the following academic year’s officer positions.
Our Chapter has earned an award as “Superior” from the BAP National Office over 14 times. Along with recognition comes a modest monetary award from BAP National that our chapter uses to help finance the Beta Alpha Psi Scholarships that are awarded at the College of Business Annual Spring Scholarships and Recognition Banquet. All members in good standing are eligible for these scholarships.