Resources for High School Teachers
The University of Montana College of Business is here to provide educational opportunities for students at all levels. We encourage you to utilize the materials listed below and if you are looking for something specific, please feel free to complete the request form and someone from the UM College of Business will be in touch.
- Welcome to the Business Safari
- What is the Good Life?
- What is a Business?
- What is Marketing?
- What is MIS?
- What is Accounting?
- What is Finance?
- What is Management?
- Navigating Scale with OnX CEO Laura Orvidas
- Laura Orvidas is CEO of onX Maps, a rapidly rising Montana company. Prior to joining onX, Laura spent 18 years at Amazon, playing a lead role in the formative years of e-commerce. She made the move to onX in 2018 and is now leading the company through a major growth phase. In this conversation we hear Laura’s thoughts on culture, scaling a business, and how to thoughtfully take a brand into new markets.
- Innovate High School - The Future of Work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UcEgtYipWw
- Example of successful UM College of Business student in Missoula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvQFhhuYxg
- Student Spotlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug5LHwuxB4U&t=1s
- The Gianchetta Student Success Center at the UM College of Business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08zU5J0zheA
- Montana Innovation Hub: https://montanainnovationhub.com/
- Pivoting Business Operations - For a business the decision on when to pivot and what to pivot to can be the difference between success and failure. Watch as Ben Morris and Paul Gladen discuss the decision to pivot operations at Coaster Cycles and how they made sure it was the right strategic decision for the company: https://montanainnovationhub.com/session/pivoting-business-operations/
- Business Value Proposition: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JDbo6wQHAS2pPegY2dMitKoiiyYjdQdh/view
- Business Model Canvas: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ixRP7bL9x9EYmJqbvJDzyMMTFFWSQhOk/view
- Money Matters: Paying for College 101: https://youtu.be/w5h0VqjVlVY
- Business Value Proposition worksheet: https://libwww.freelibrary.org/assets/pdf/programs/bric/value-proposition-canvas.pdf
- Business Model Canvas worksheet: https://canvanizer.com/downloads/business_model_canvas_poster.pdf
- Budget Template for Students
- The right way to choose a college - Wall Street Journal article
Students interested in learning more about the UM College of Business can contact the Gianchetta Student Success Center (GSSC): email@example.com or 406-243-5971.
For other inqueries about supporting Montana High School students, please contact GSSC Director, Kathleen Tarkalson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-243-6771.