- All internships are graded on a +/- letter grade scale
- Internship credit is based on 50 hours work per credit per semester (E.g. 100 hours=2 credits, 150 hours=3 credit, etc.)
- Must have have completed all lower core business classes (exception for 200 level status. See below)
- Must have a minimum of 60 credits to participate in an internship (exception for 200 level status. See below)
- Internships DO NOT replace any required courses
- A maximum of 6 credits is allowed to count toward your 120-credit degree
- SoBA internships can count towards your non-business credit requirement. Talk to Kathleen Tarkalson to find out more
- If you are completing an internship outside of Missoula and need to be a full-time student during your internship experience, you should meet with your academic advisor and the Financial Aid office, and consider UM online courses for additional credits.
Find your major/credit status below to see additional internship information (if your major is not below, then only the general guidelines apply).
Interns are required to meet with Dr. Herron to have the job description approved. Bring the job description and transcripts to the meeting.
200-Level (Sophomore Level)
Internships are available to sophomore status business students who have completed a minimum of 30 credits. Maximum of three credits allowed.
600-Level (Graduate Level)
Must be approved by Dr. Terri Herron for MAcct and Kathleen Tarkalson for MBA and MSBA. Maximum of three credits allowed.
All International students interested in pursuing an internship must see Effie Koehn at the Foreign Student and Scholar Services Office (Lommasson Center 219) before proceeding.
Previous Internship Providers
Click to see a sampling of places SoBA students have interned.