Mission Statement: Accounting Studies
The accounting programs prepare ethically aware decision makers with effective analytical and qualitative business knowledge and skills to become accounting professionals in the region and beyond. We commit to high quality teaching and applying scholarship to professional practice, pedagogy, and theory to enhance the field of professional accounting.
The undergraduate accounting program is committed to preparing students to apply accounting and business knowledge in organizations.
- We will promote professionalism.
- We will produce technically competent and ethically grounded new professionals.
- We will develop students’ communication and interpersonal skills necessary for professional positions.
- We will actively interact with the state’s professional accounting community.
- We will advance the accounting profession by conducting scholarship and executive training.