Ready to launch your business education in a supportive place that provides unparalleled career readiness? Let’s do it.
All undergraduate students must apply through the University of Montana Admissions Office.
Step 1: Apply to the University of Montana. During the application process, you will have an opportunity to select Business Administration as your major.
Step 2: After you complete the required lower-division coursework and achieve 60 semester credits, you will be able to apply for admission to the College of Business major of your choice (Accounting, Finance, Management and Entrepreneurship, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or International Business).
First Year Direct Admission
Step 1: Apply to the University of Montana. During the application process, you will have an opportunity to select Business Administration as your major. You must select Business Administration to be eligible for the Direct Admit Program.
Step 2: Once applied to the University, you can then apply for the Direct Admit Program. The University of Montana considers a number of factors when making direct admission decisions, including test scores and high school GPA. Priority deadline for application submittal is Feb. 1. The DAP application also doubles as the College of Business Scholarship Application, so you do not need to fill out a separate scholarship application.
Step 3: The College of Business will continue to review applications beyond the Feb. 1 priority deadline date until the cohort is complete. You will be contacted with an invite of acceptance or a notification of denial. There will be instructions in your invitation regarding how to accept your spot in the program. Direct admission students are eligible, and automatically considered, for a limited number of direct admission scholarships. Early acceptance ensures you don't miss any of these opportunities.
Choose from three master’s programs and three graduate certificates, each designed to prepare you to be a leader in whatever you do.
Applications for the graduate programs at the College of Business (Master of Accountancy, Masters of Business Administration and Master of Business Analytics) require a completed undergraduate degree, business or non-business. Program admissions are a decision of the College of Business. Learn more about the individual graduate programs.
For additional questions about the graduate programs, to include general information, application process or advising, please contact us at email@example.com or 406-243-2064.
Being a University of Montana student means you’ll get the support and experiences you need to help you meet your goals — whatever they are. Come join us.
- Select the state in which you attended college and hit submit.
- Select the institution which you attended.
- The courses listed in the first four columns are the classes from your institution which will transfer to UM and the courses in the second four columns are the equivalent courses at UM.
- If you do not see your institution listed, that means that we do not have a pre-existing transfer equivalency agreement with that institution. This does not mean that none of your classes will transfer. You will simply have to have your transcript officially evaluated by a transcript evaluator in the Admissions Office once you apply.
- Please be aware that no transfer credits are “official” until your transcript is evaluated by a transcript evaluator.