Welcome to the University of Montana's School of Business Administration (SoBA). Our school is focused on teaching students the fundamentals of business through dynamic course work and lectures. The work performed in each class emphasizes real world experience. The award-winning faculty come from a range of backgrounds to enrich the academic experience.
Founded in 1918, we are the largest professional school at the University of Montana. All our programs are accredited by AACSB International.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend the School of Business Administration
- UM students again scored in the 94th percentile nationally on the Business Major Field Test
- Warren Buffett said “UM really has a first class business school and MBA program.”
- Cutting edge curricula in big data and marketing analytics
- Incredible advising and career development programs
- Business study abroad opportunities in Germany, Italy, China and New Zealand
- Fantastic facilities with great lounges, labs, and lattes - perfect for learning and living
- Small class sizes and opportunities for one-on-one mentoring with faculty
- Located between Glacier and Yellowstone Parks, with fly fishing, skiing, hiking, rock climbing and more just outside your door
- 140 scholarships awarded, totaling $350,000
- Student groups for everyone
Once a student completes 60 credits and the lower-core business requirements, s/he may apply for one or more of the six business majors.
- International Business Requires completion of a second major within the remaining 5 Business Majors.>
- Management Information Systems
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration. Also Joint MBA with Law, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy.
- Accounting Information Systems Certificate
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Entertainment Management Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Sustainable Business Strategy Certificate
How to Apply
Complete the University of Montana Application for Admission.
Once you have completed your Lower Core, apply for a Business Major.
- Residence Life Office
- UM Dining
- Outdoor Programs
- Campus Recreation (Grizzly Pool, Intramural Sports, ASUM Sports Groups, Campus Recreation Center)
- ASUM Student Groups
- Business Student Groups
- Intercollegiate Athletics - UM Grizzlies
- SoBA Advising Office: Sandi Nelson, Advisor, email@example.com, 406.243.5971, GBB 335
- SoBA Internships: Kathleen Tarkalson, Director,firstname.lastname@example.org, 406.243.6771, GBB 328
- SoBA Career Development: Estella Anderson, Director, email@example.com, 406.243.6621, GBB 250
- SoBA Dean's Office: Brittany Maack, Receptionist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 406.243.6276, GBB 377
- UM Admissions: 406.243.6266
- SoBA Faculty & Staff Directory