Master of Business Analytics Information Session
The field of data analytics is revolutionizing business, health care, forestry and conservation, and government. Data analytics combines math and statistics with computer programming to bring a new lens to problem solving. In the business arena, data analytics, referred to as business analytics, addresses issues such as talent management and recruiting, selecting new business locations, optimizing marketing spending, etc.
In order to train future leaders in this area, the University of Montana has a relatively new degree program, a one-year Master's of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA). There will be an information session on Tuesday, March 14, from 3:30-4:30 in GBB 123. Topics covered will include:
* the types of positions available upon completion of the MSBA
* the curriculum and the faculty teaching the curriculum
* partnerships with industry for internships and recruiting/placement upon graduation
* how a 5th-year MSBA differs from an MBA
* pre-requisites and admission requirements