Dr. Michael Braun Spends Two Weeks Teaching in Milan, Italy

Dr. Michael Braun Teaching at Cattolica

Last fall, Dr. Michael Braun, Professor of Management and Poe Family Faculty Fellow in UM's School of Business, was invited to teach entrepreneurship at the Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Catholic University of the Sacred Heart) in Milan, the largest private university in Europe. 

Invited by friend and Cattolica Assistant Professor Benedetto Cannatelli, Braun spent two weeks teaching 40 graduate business students topics in entrepreneurship and business model analysis. When asked about the most rewarding part of his recent teaching experience, Braun didn't hesitate. 

"It's the student diversity, and teaching to students who are used to a completely different teaching style..."

Of the 40 students he taught, approximately 80% were Italian while the other 20% were from a variety of other nations around Europe and Asia, including France, the Netherlands, and Pakistan. 

His favorite part outside of teaching?

"Zipping around Milan on a moped!"

Braun was first introduced to Professor Cannatelli during the 2015-2016 academic year when he was on sabbatical. He spent much of that year building a partnership between the University of Montana and Universita Cattolica, working to ensure that UM students have the unique opportunity to study at this prestigious university in the heart of Milan. 

"I want this to be a conduit to pique the interests of students to go there for a semester," adds Braun.

For more information on the opportunity to spend a semester learning and living in beautiful Milan, email michael.braun@mso.umt.edu