Management and Marketing Certificates
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
This certificate program is designed for students who are interested in launching their own business venture or working in a small to medium sized business upon graduation.
UMEM covers entertainment business, including music, television, film, sports, live performance, literary and visual arts. UMEM introduces students to the business of entertainment while giving them the opportunity to learn from top professionals in the industry, both alumni and additional industry leaders, in a relaxed classroom environment. This one-of-a-kind program offers an incredible opportunity for students looking to break into the entertainment industry.
- Personal management for artists
- Show marketing, promotion, and production
- Budgeting events
- Budgeting for film and television
- Acquiring funding for live events
- Agency and artist relations
- Venue management
- And so much more!
Both Marketing and Management Information Systems students must be skilled users of data and understand the role of quantitative data in decision making. Employers in a variety of fields, such as advertising agencies and non-profit organizations, expect such proficiency. This certificate program teaches students skills in online and social media marketing and e-commerce, bridging the fields of marketing and MIS to develop students to pursue careers in this field.
Develop the skills for successful career opportunities in:
- website design
- social media marketing
- digital marketing analytics
- online marketing
- search engine optimization
- Wordpress, Flicker, Tumblr
- content marketing
- Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- mobile marketing (location-based marketing and geo-tracking)