Why Should You Major in MIS?
Professor Ken Lauden of New York University's Stern Business School says employment growth in MIS/IS related jobs is expected to be about 50 percent greater than the average job growth of other fields (Click here to see his report). Management information systems are used in every department of an organization, and as businesses become more aware of the importance of MIS, they will want to hire graduates with knowledge of these systems. In his same report, Lauden says that MIS majors had the highest level of career-path satisfaction.
Another reason to choose MIS as your major is because MIS graduates grow while completing the program at the University of Montana. MIS graduates are:
- Effective team members / leaders
- Persuasive communicators
- Able to understand technology
- Knowledgeable of best business practices
- Life-long learners
- Strategic thinkers
- Analytical problem solvers
- Experienced with actual projects
- Ethical citizens of the organization
- Able to apply IT to business problems