MBA Program Admission Process
Step 1: Complete Online Application
- Complete the online application: Graduate School Application.
- This is an electronic process that requires a $60 application fee due at the time of submission.
Step 2: Request Official Transcript(s)
- Submit documentation showing all previous college coursework. If undergraduate degree was earned from the University of Montana, we do not require official transcript(s) to be submitted.
- Send electronic transcripts to email@example.com or by mail to: Kendall Kihn, 32 Campus Drive GBB L35, Missoula, MT 59812
Step 3: Three Letters of Recommendation
- Submit letters provided by those qualified to attest to your academic potential or professional performance.
- Names and email address are supplied during the application process and the letters will be electronically collected by the university
Step 4: Current Resume
- Include all work experience with dates of employment.
Step 5: Letter of Intent
- Address letter to the MBA Review Committee, 2-3 paragraphs in standard business format. Describe your objective for receiving an MBA, also outline your career highlights, achievements and goals.
Step 6: Official GMAT Scores
- More information can be found at www.mba.com/us. The website provides a complete description, including test dates and locations. A score older than 5 years will not be accepted. Please review GMAT tips.
- A GMAT waiver will be considered for those applicants who meet one of the following criteria by the application date:
- Joint Program Degree GMAT Waiver - A graduate entrance exam has been completed for another University of Montana graduate program and the applicant is seeking joint enrollment.
- Executive GMAT Waiver - The applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of professional and/or military experience
- A minimum 3.0 GPA achieved in undergraduate degree
And one of the following:
- Possess both managerial (team leader, senior-level position, or project manager) and financial responsibilities (e.g., budgeting)
- A terminal degree (JD, MD, PhD, etc.)
- Have owned your own business with supporting documentation of ownership for at last five years
To be considered for the Executive GMAT Waiver, please submit a written request and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . The written request must include the years of work experience and a description of relevant leadership /managerial experience in 250 words or less.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores. NOTE: The TOEFL is waived for students whose undergraduate degree is from an English-speaking school.
|TOEFL Score Requirements|
|Fall Admission Deadlines||Spring Admission Deadlines|
|February 1||October 1|
|April 1||December 1|