Gilkey Executive Lecture Series
A Conversation with Entrepreneur Bill VanSickle
5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26
Gallagher Business Building Room 106
Free and open to the public
Bill VanSickle is a seasoned entrepreneur and investor. He is chair of AIM Consulting Group, a Seattle-based technology solutions and services consulting firm he founded in 2006. The company was generating $100 million in annual revenue with 600 employees in six states before VanSickle and his partners sold it in 2016.
A 1985 graduate of the UM College of Business, VanSickle has successfully founded and invested in more than 70 companies in industries such as telecommunications, extreme sports, real estate, health care, gaming, and technology. In the mid-90s, he created US2 Sports Group, one of the first wakeboard companies in the world, and grew it to include distribution channels in more 26 countries before selling it. In 1998, VanSickle co-created IT consulting firm ConsultNet, which was producing more than $60 million in annual revenue before it sold in 2004. VanSickle began his career as an accountant at Boeing before deciding to become an entrepreneur.
VanSickle and his wife, Lora, have four children and reside in the Seattle area. VanSickle enjoys spending time in Montana with his family and is an avid cyclist, skier, hunter, and fisherman.
The Gilkey Executive Lecture Series was established by Harold and Priscilla Gilkey in 2004 to enrich business education at the University of Montana by providing students, faculty, and the community with direct access to business leaders.
Gilkey lecturers address issues across marketing, management, finance, ethics, and leadership. In addition to leading classroom lectures and discussion, speakers present a lecture at a public forum on a topic of their choice and are invited to meet with graduate students and campus and community leaders.
Both Harold and Priscilla acknowledge the powerful impact of mentors and role models on their own professional and personal achievements.
Harold Gilkey is a 1962 graduate of the University of Montana and holds an MBA from the University of Southern California. He is retired as chairman and CEO of Sterling Financial Corporation. Priscilla Gilkey is a 1962 graduate of the University of Montana. She is retired as Vice President of Community Relations for Empire Health Services, a multi-hospital system in Spokane.
- Tres Lund, Chair, President and CEO, Lund Food Holdings (2017)
- Lisa Stone, CEO and Co-Founder, BlogHer, Inc. (2015)
- Thomas C. Schievelbein, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Brink’s Company (2014)
- Michael J. Covey, Chairman and CEO, Potlatch Corporation (2014)
- Jim McNerney, Jr., Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Boeing Company (2013)
- Phil Cowdell, Former CEO and Chairman of Mindshare North America (2013)
- Glenn Johnson, President of Horizon Air, Inc. (2011)
- Bill McGlynn, President of Memjet Home and Office (2010)
- Greg Gianforte, Founder and CEO of RightNow (2009)
- Patrick Byrne, Founder and CEO of Overstock.com (2009)
- Lester Thurow, Professor and Dean Emeritus at MIT Sloan School of Management (2008)
- Rick Riccobono, President and CEO of The Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle (2008)
- Sally Jewell, CEO of REI (2007)
- Raymon F. Thompson, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Semitool, Inc. (2007)
- Peter Georgescu, Former Chairman of Young & Rubicam, Inc. (2005)
- Robert Greifeld, President and CEO of The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. (2004)