Montana Accounting Circle
Established in 2017, the Montana Accounting Circle comprises accounting business leaders who have made an annual commitment to support accounting education at the College of Business. The Circle is a direct link between the accounting business community and accounting education.
The mission of the Montana Accounting Circle is to support excellence in accounting education at the University of Montana through private support.
Members of the Accounting Circle dedicate both time and money to enhance accounting education at the University of Montana, increasing the quality of students entering the work force and ensuring both well trained faculty and graduates.
- Consistently has the highest CPA pass rate in the west region among other four-year public institutions.
- Only accounting program in the state of Montana to have a separate accreditation in accounting from the AACSB. Only 185 programs - just 1.5 percent of the world's business schools - have attained accreditation in both the accounting program and business school.
- Ranked 16th nationally among schools with 17 or fewer faculty members.
- 95 percent job placement rate for MAcct graduates within the first three months of graduating.
Students and faculty benefit directly from the private support provided by the Montana Accounting Circle through scholarships, faculty research and program/technological improvements that help create a margin of excellence. Prospective employers and the community benefit from hiring Montana's top accounting graduates.
Other benefits include:
- Meaningful connection to UM accounting faculty, staff, students and fellow Accounting Circle members
- Regular updates from the department and opportunities to forge connections
- Recognition of donor name and firm on MAC website
Senior Associate: $1,500
Junior Associate (MAcct Alumni < Five years post-grad): $275
R. Sean Monahan