- Kenton Swift
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours:
Kent teaches during the spring semester. At other times he can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Kent received his PhD in Accounting and his Masters degree in Accountancy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He also has a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of California at Berkeley and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Occidental College.
Kent teaches the Advanced Tax course in the Master of Accountancy program. He has also teaches a course in sustainability reporting that is part of the College of Business Certificate Program in Sustainable Business.
Kent has more than 30 years of experience teaching a variety of accounting and business courses. Before coming to the University of Montana, Kent taught at Montana State University-Bozeman, Zayed University in Dubai, and the University of Wisconsin Madison.
Kent has received more than 20 teaching awards including:
- Jack Kempner Outstanding Accounting Educator award, Montana Society of CPAs
- University of Montana Greening UM Award for the development and delivery of the sustainability reporting course
- Selection as outstanding accounting faculty member by graduate accounting students
- Outstanding Faculty Member at Zayed University
- Phi Kappa Phi Fridley Distinguished Teacher Award - University Teaching Award, Montana State University-Bozeman
- University of Wisconsin–Madison Outstanding Teaching Award
Kent’s research interests include areas of US tax law related to charities and charitable giving, the economics of renewable energy, and sustainability reporting. He has published articles in a variety of journals including the ATA Journal of Legal Tax Research, Renewable Energy, Management Accounting Quarterly, The Tax Adviser, and the Journal of Business Ethics. His research has also been presented at numerous academic conferences.
Dr. Swift has more than 25 years of experience as an accounting professional with a specialization in taxation and financial planning. Kent is also a licensed CPA in the State of Montana.