- Kenton Swift
- GBB 319
- Accounting & Finance
32 Campus Dr
Missoula, MT 59812
- Phone: 243-4182
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent received his PhD in Accounting and his Masters degree in Accountancy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He also has a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of California at Berkeley and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Occidental College.
Kent teaches the undergraduate- and graduate-level tax courses in the School of Business Administration. He has also developed a course in sustainability reporting that is part of the School of Business Administration Certificate Program in Sustainable Business. His teaching interests also include financial reporting and managerial accounting. Kent has received more than 20 teaching awards including:
- Jack Kempner Outstanding Accounting Educator award, Montana Society of CPAs
- University of Montana Greening UM Award for the development and delivery of the sustainability reporting course
- Selection as outstanding accounting faculty member by graduate accounting students
- Outstanding Faculty Member at Zayed University
- Phi Kappa Phi Fridley Distinguished Teacher Award - University Teaching Award, Montana State University-Bozeman
- University of Wisconsin–Madison Outstanding Teaching Award
Kent’s research interests include areas of US tax law related to charities and charitable giving, the economics of renewable energy, and sustainability reporting. He has published articles in a variety of journals including the ATA Journal of Legal Tax Research, Renewable Energy, Management Accounting Quarterly, The Tax Adviser, and the Journal of Business Ethics. His research has also been presented at numerous academic conferences.
Kent is a licensed CPA and has more than 25 years of experience as an accounting professional. Outside of the university, Kent enjoys woodworking and traveling.