- Dr. Cameron Lawrence
- GBB 325
- Management Information Systems
32 Campus Dr
Missoula, MT 59812
- Phone: (406) 243-6739
- Email: email@example.com
Professor of Management Information Systems
- 2016-2017 Academic Year: Outstanding MIS Faculty Member
- 2013-2014 Academic Year: Outstanding MIS Faculty Member
- 2013-2014 Academic Year: Outstanding Evening MBA Faculty Member
- 2012-2013 Academic Year: The John Ruffatto Memorial Award. (This is a university wide award that recognizes teaching excellence and is given annually to a UM faculty member that brings the real world into the classroom)
- 2011-2012 Academic Year: Outstanding MIS Faculty Member
- 2009-2010 Academic Year: Outstanding MIS Faculty Member
- 2008-2009 Academic Year: Outstanding MBA Faculty Member
- 2007-2008 Academic Year: Outstanding MIS Faculty Member
- 2005-2006 Academic Year: Outstanding MIS Faculty Member
- 2002-2003 Academic Year: Departmental Teaching Award
Dr. Lawrence is a Full Professor in the College of Business. He holds a Ph.D. from the prestigious London School of Economics and completed a program at the Harvard Business School that is designed to improve the effectiveness of corporate boards.
Dr. Lawrence's research interests are focused on technological mediated organizational transformation, the application of neo-institutional theory into information systems research as well as the organization and management of the IT function within large organizations. His teaching interests are in the areas of management information systems, technology and organizational strategy, quantitative methods and corporate governance.
While teaching at the London School of Economics he was awarded the highest teaching award that can be bestowed upon Ph.D. candidates for demonstrated excellence in the classroom. Dr. Lawrence's undergraduate and graduate teaching evaluations are consistently among the highest in the College of Business. In addition to the teaching awards referenced above, he has been honored twice by the University of Montana's Division of Student Affairs for the generous support and encouragement he has provided to UM's students through the years. Dr. Lawrence is a member of the Admissions and Curriculum Committees for the MBA program as well as the Master's of Accountancy program. He is also a past member of the University of Montana's Faculty Senate.
Dr. Lawrence's academic work has been published in some of the leading international journals in the field of Management Information Systems including the European Journal of Information Systems, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Journal of Information Systems Education, Information Systems Education Journal and the Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application. His business background spans technology startups, consulting and real estate including a 60,000 square foot self-storage facility that employs a sophisticated portfolio of technologies to manage security and site access. He has also served on corporate boards and currently sits on the board of directors for the Clark Fork Coalition.
Prior to entering the hallowed halls of academe, Dr. Lawrence spent six years assigned to the U.S. Forest Service and BLM Smokejumper programs where he made approximately 145 parachute jumps using the Ram-Air, FS-12 and FS-14 canopy systems. If you would like to learn more about the smokejumper program click (here) or (here). When Dr. Lawrence has a break from teaching and writing, he can usually be found skiing, mountain biking, fly fishing, playing golf or shooting sporting clays.