Building Opportunities for Leadership and Development
Job Location: You will find out your department, host, and project assignment approximately one to two months before your start date.
Employment Date: Summer 2013
Google's Diversity Internship Program”
Never judge a search engine by its interface.
Behind that simple search window is one of the most complex technology infrastructures in the world. And it's run by an equally diverse group of people. At Google, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
With this in mind, Google offers the Building Opportunities for Leadership & Development (BOLD) Diversity Internship Program for Summer 2011. This program is designed to provide exposure into the technology industry for students who are historically under-represented in this field.
Google invites you to come join us for a unique summer experience, including an 11 week paid internship and professional development workshops. Take a chance and discover what it's like to work at a technology company. Be challenged. Become an expert. Work together and make an impact. Be bold.
This summer experience includes:
- The position: An 11 week summer internship with a business unit.
- Exposure: A unique glimpse into a business career at a technology company.
- Professional development: Attend weekly Google business case study workshops, tech talks and skill-building seminars.
- Fun: Social activities, community building and networking. Build a relationship with your peers.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Googler, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
· Online Sales & User Operations (OSUO)
o Google's Advertising Sales and Service roles find relevant solutions that meet our clients' changing needs. We identify their business challenges, collaboratively shape solutions that drive their strategic initiatives and keep them informed in the ways that Google products can enhance their online and/or offline presence.
o Google's Finance and Analytics roles provide analytical perspectives on important strategic decisions by designing and managing the forecasts, analyses and key performance indicators that support the company's initiatives.
· People Operations
o Do you have the ability to inspire, compel and empower others? Google's People Operations roles are focused on redefining human resources and preserving Google's uncommon culture in the way we attract, hire, develop and reward talented people.
o The Marketing team applies the same level of creative originality to Google's marketing activity that the company has applied to online search and advertising. We support Google's growth and revenue generating efforts through effective and results-focused marketing campaigns for both business and consumer products.
- Be currently enrolled in a 4-year BA/BS program, in any major, at a university in Canada or the US.
- Be a current sophomore or junior. Freshmen are encouraged to apply to the BOLD Immersion Program in spring 2011.
- Be a returning student; graduating seniors are not eligible. View a list of our full-time positions.
The program is open to all qualified college students, and is committed to addressing diversity in our company and in the technology industry. Students who are a member of a group that is historically under-represented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply.
: Sophomores and Juniors. Just graduated will not be accepted, and freshman should look into the BOLD Immersion Program
in spring 2011.
Are you ready to be BOLD? If so, please be prepared to submit the following materials in the two-part application process. Please note that applications will only be considered if both Application Part 1 and Application Part 2 are completed.
- An updated resume (preferably in .pdf format)
- A current unofficial or official school transcript (preferably in .pdf format)
- One essay question (250 words or less): Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to Google's business. How will the BOLD program complement your personal and professional goals?
Deadline: Currently closed check back in August 2012 for Summer 2013
Due to the large volume of applicants, we regret that we cannot provide application updates to all students. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by a BOLD Team member.