Job Location: Washington DC
Employment Date: two 90 day summer internship or summer and a semester
Work Schedule: Full-time
- National Clandestine Service Internship
- The CIA’s National Clandestine Service is the front-line source of clandestine information on crucial international developments. Coordinating the nation’s human intelligence activities, the NCS collects, evaluates, and disseminates vital information on political, military, economic and scientific developments abroad to safeguard national security and keep policymakers informed.
- Extraordinary Mission – Exceptional Opportunity: As an NCS intern, you will work in supporting the collection of human intelligence on issues critical to our national security. You will be part of a unique world of important events and meaningful accomplishments. NCS interns will work at our Headquarters facility in the Washington, D.C. suburbs with teams of knowledgeable professionals.
- Extremely Competitive Program: Applicants should possess impeccable integrity, outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, unquestionable patriotism and a strong desire to be part of something vital that makes a difference for family, friends and country. Interest in foreign affairs and national security issues is a must. Foreign language skills, overseas experience, and regional studies are desirable but not required.
· U.S. citizenship
· Minimum of 3.0/4.0 scale college GPA
· Meet the same employment standards as permanent employees, successfully completing both security and medical processing
· Available to work in the Washington, D.C. area during periods of employment
· All interns are required to work two 90-day summer internships or a combination of one summer and one semester internship prior to graduation from an accredited four-year American university or college
· Applications must be submitted 12 months before the first summer internship period.
· Students selected for this program must have completed one full year of undergraduate school and be continuing school on a full-time basis following this assignment. Applicants should have finished their sophomore year at the time they begin their first summer internship. For example, current freshmen applying now would begin their first assignment at the end of their sophomore year.
Class Level: All Levels
Application Instructions: Go to CIA.gov / under careers / national clandestine service / student program / internship --- You can apply now! To apply online for a specific student position please visit the "Student Opportunities" or "Internship" links on the following pages: Analytical, Clandestine Service, Language, Science, Engineering & Technology, or Business, IT & Security.
Deadline: Applications for Summer 2012 employment will be accepted until 15 October 2011. Applications for winter, spring, and fall employment should be sent nine to twelve months before the desired start date. The application period for the Undergraduate Scholarship Program* is August 1 - October 15. National Clandestine Service Internship applications for Summer 2012 employment will be accepted between 15 May and 15 September 2011. Applications for internships starting in Summer 2013 will be accepted between 15 May 2012 and 15 September 2012.
Internship found at: Through SOBA Career Services
- There's no other career like a CIA career. The work here is truly that of the nation. Find your next career opportunity in our list of open positions. Our needs, and these postings, change frequently.
- Start exploring CIA career opportunities by clicking one of the links below. Once you've determined the position(s) you’d like to apply for, visit the Application Instructions page for guidance about completing the online application.
- Positions available in: Accounting, Budget & Finance, Analysis, Auditing, Clandestine Service, Contracts & Acquisitions, Cyber Security, Engineering, Geography & Cartography, Graphics, Multimedia, Publications & Photography, Human Resources, Information Technology
- Career opportunities: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/cia-jobs/index.html
Qualifications: Varies per position
Class Level: Graduated
Application Instructions: visit https://www.cia.gov/careers/application-process/instructions.html for help applying for these positions
Deadline: Open till filled