Job Location: Missoula
Employment Date: One full year
Work Schedule: 5 to 10 hours per week
Salary: unpaid, can receive exclusive advance movie screenings, free DVDs, movie posters, and more.
Position Supervisor: Damian Benders
- Do you love movies? Do your friends tend to look to you for advice on what is out there? Are you able to excite a crowd? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
- The FilmBuff Campus Ambassador Program offers you a unique opportunity to work with a rapidly growing media company that aims to provide audiences with quality video content both online and on demand. FilmBuff is looking for on-campus ambassadors to champion new movies and generate excitement. Ambassadors will gain valuable marketing skills and practical experience working for one of the leading companies in the film industry.
- What is FilmBuff?
- FilmBuff is a haven for digital entertainment. We bring our passion for film to entertainment lovers wherever they are. As one of the largest and most successful suppliers of original content, FilmBuff delivers to leading digital platforms across North America and Europe in addition to 40+M cable VOD homes across the US and Canada.
- Program Overview
- Through the Campus Ambassador Program, FilmBuff will partner with colleges and universities across the country to promote our brand and titles through a variety of marketing activities. FilmBuff staff will work directly with individual students (Ambassadors) who will be the voice of FilmBuff on campus – publicizing new titles through campus media, social media, and organizing events and screenings.
- Ambassadors will gain experience in designing and executing marketing campaigns for entertainment content. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to contribute to both the promotional and event aspects of FilmBuff’s on-campus marketing strategy. Activities will include:
• Driving brand awareness by gaining getting the word out about new movies available online
• Working with college newspapers, radio stations and student organizations
• Leading social media efforts with a custom page and posts for your school
• Recruiting new FilmBuff fans by letting them know where they can go online to find great movies to watch anytime, anywhere.
- Program Benefits: Ambassadors stand to benefit significantly from participation in the program, as the role will provide:
• Valuable experience with marketing programs, campaigns and consumers
• Access to key leaders within the film industry and exposure to various student networks
• Exclusive tickets to advance movie screenings
• Free DVDs, movie posters and other promotional items
• Specialty prizes that reward the most successful Ambassadors from around the country
• College credit
• Letters of recommendation can be made available upon request
Qualifications: Ambassadors will be expected to work together on all initiatives, with division of work stream ownership as follows:
Marketing & Promotions Ambassador: M&P Ambassador will focus on creating and sharing of marketing materials, event planning and execution, as well as management of FilmBuff on-campus PR and social media efforts.
Content & Contest Management Ambassador: C&C Ambassador will focus on developing and executing alternative student engagement efforts, such as contests, user-generated content and website management.
We seek one Ambassador for each of the aforementioned roles on each campus who are energetic, reliable, and passionate about movies and entertainment. Ambassadors must be currently enrolled in one of FilmBuff’s target institutions and must commit to devote at least two semesters to the Campus Ambassador Program.
Ambassadors will be expected to work an average of five to ten hours per week and must feel comfortable interacting with students, campus administration, and FilmBuff staff.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Completion 30 credits
• Strong passion for film and marketing
• Demonstrated skills /experience with interpersonal communications
• Possess desire to network and become more involved with their campus community
• Proactive and ambitious, and MUST enjoy working on teams
Responsibilities & Roles
• Implement initiatives to recruit new FilmBuff fans
• Plan and execute marketing campaigns
• Distribute FilmBuff promotional materials on campus and outlets associated with university,
including bookstores, cafes, libraries, etc.
• Launch and maintain online outreach and PR efforts
• Maintain updated and organized databases, including fan and campus-related media contacts
• Identify additional marketing opportunities
Class Level: Sophomore or higher
Application Instructions: Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title the subject heading: "Application: Campus Ambassador_First Last Name"
Deadline: Email when interested. They have opportunities for all semesters