Georgia State Games Commission
Job Location: Kennesaw, GA
Employment Date: Available Spring, Fall, and Summer
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $1000 Semester Stipend for housing
· The Promotions and Public Relations Assistant is responsible for the implementing and evaluating of the promotions, public relations, and media programs for all aspects of the Georgia State Games and related programs.
· The intern will develop professional relationships with broadcast and print media throughout the state. Provide accurate and timely information on all programs to the media and be available at all times for media inquires.
· Generate news coverage by distributing press releases, media kits, athlete biographies, and other newsworthy materials to the media, organize and coordinate a media volunteer program, involving more than 60 individuals that will generate stories, new coverage and competition results for the championships and districts.
· Work with sports chair to develop volunteer time schedules, accurate results reporting and athlete biographies, oversee all outgoing publications and promotional materials. Design and produce the promotional booklet, schedule card, Official program, produce a newsletter that reaches volunteers, sponsors and sport organizations. List includes over 30,000+ circulation, assist in securing and servicing media sponsorships, such as radio involvement, newspaper special segments, websites and television specials. Oversee all aspects of a results system that catalogues more than 3,500 media winners at the Georgia Games Championship. Supervise and update the content, maintenance and development of the Georgia Games website. Compile a yearly record of game actives. Coordinate all photography activities for all programs including recruiting photographer and providing assignments, supervise all on-site activities as determined by Executive Director and complete all other duties as assigned.
· Internships are year-round in the Fall, Spring, Summer or Winter.
Minimum GPA: 2.50
Major Concentration: Marketing, Recreation & Sport Industry, Recreation Administration, Sport Education (Med)
Class Level: Juniors and Seniors
Industries: Sports, Marketing, Management, Communication, HHP
Application Instructions: Email cover letter and resume as well as an internship application found at www.georgiagames.org to email@example.com. Apply at least two months before you want to start interning.
Deadline: Two Months before you want to start interning.
PO Box 2043
Kennesaw, GA. 30156