Sports Event Internship
The Sports Authority Ultimate Skills Challenge
Job Location: Missoula, Mt
Employment Date: Whenever is convenient for you, then lasts roughly 8 weeks
Work Schedule: 15-20 hrs/wk
- Sean Hardy, owner of Ultimate Skills Challenge, has been in the sports industry for 15 years. In 2010, he created Ultimate Skills Challenge with the purpose of building a fundraiser that allows participants to compete in the sports they love, all while supporting positive causes within their communities.
- Sports Authority Ultimate Skills Challenge is offering internship opportunities for college students wanting to get real world experiences in the field they are studying. Interns will gain valuable experience in contract negotiation, sports marketing, and other business fundamentals. Our organization has built website systems that allow students to work in the communities they currently reside in, making this internship accessible for anyone in the country.
- Candidates must be outgoing, highly motivated and sports-minded. Sports Authority Ultimate Skills Challenge is searching for candidates unafraid to challenge the current systems and provide constructive feedback.
- SPECIFICATIONS FOR INTERNSHIP/PRACTICUM
- Start Date: Students have the flexibility to begin interning with Ultimate Skills Challenge whenever is convenient for them. Internships will begin when student selects a fundraising event and ends upon completion of the event. Ultimate Skills Challenge events require 6 to 8 weeks and 15 to 20 hours a week. If internship hours are insufficient for a student’s course work, he/she may run 2 fundraising events.
- Number of Interns needed: Sports Authority Ultimate Skills Challenge has an unlimited amount of Internships available nationally. We can produce 25,000 fundraising events a year. Students may do independent internships or work in groups of 2 or 3.
- Internship Location: Internship will take place within a 50 mile radius of where the student resides.
- Type of Internship: Non-paid internship/practicum
• Sponsorship Sales: Sell up to four $250 sponsorships.
• Management: Manage anywhere from 10 to 20 volunteers
• Negotiations: Negotiate Awards, Faculties and use of equipment.
• Decision Making: Select an appropriate youth group, Date of Event and Location of Event.
• Marketing: Utilize the following marketing strategies to promote your event.
- Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Website Marketing, Social Media, Press Releases, Present at Meetings, Distribute Flyers, Posters and Letters.
• Event Production: Interns will produce the event with help of Volunteers
• Website Management: Build and manage your own web pages for event.
• Accounting: Track all money raised and report proceeds to charity.
Class Level: Not Specified
Application Instructions: Send email to: Ultimateskillschallenge@comcast.net
Deadline: Year Round
Internship found at: http://www.workinsports.com/memJobDetail.asp?jobid=63677