Job Location: Missoula, MT
Employment Date: Semester Long
Work Schedule: 15 hrs/wk
- Marketplace Media’s Internship Program is an unpaid volunteer experience designed to give students and other newcomers to the field firsthand exposure to the many facets of marketing, public relations, advertising, media planning & buying, marketing workshops and internet and event marketing.
- Interns undertake different projects and responsibilities and learn valuable skills for future employment in the marketing communications world. An intern will get a real taste of the ad business and absorb its unique pace and nature. You are able to get hands on experience with a full-service marketing firm.
- Marketplace Media has over 25 years experience in radio, television and newspapers and is committed to delivering results for our clients. Our capabilities span the entire marketing mix, from brand development and marketing strategy to advertising and social marketing.
- Intern duties include writing ad copy, press releases, creating taglines, designing logos, creating and updating online social marketing pages, casting calls, media shoots, working on advertisements, radio & TV ads, graphic design, web site development, updating contact lists, researching, event planning and special projects. We will work with you to establish a work schedule that fits in with your course load and other employment commitments. However, in our experience, the most rewarding internships require at least 15 hours per week. You’ll gain first-hand, real-world experience working with clients, vendors and media representatives.
- Improve your skills working alongside marketing professionals, add samples to your portfolio, or you may find your "calling" in the advertising field. You also receive a letter of recommendation, references, and a marketing position to add to your resume. See their web page at www.marketplacesites.com.
Qualifications: A background in marketing, business, information systems and/or graphic design/media arts is helpful. Applicant must be taking college credit for internship. Us? We like an intern's enthusiasm, eagerness-to-learn and can-do attitudes. They remind us every day what a great business we work in!
Class Level: Not Specified
Application Instructions: Send cover letter and resume to: Megan Baumann Marketplace Media, 1206 W Kent Ave, Missoula, MT 5980 or email to email@example.com
Deadline: Available year round
1206 W Kent Ave
Internship found: Griz E-recruiting with job ID 4824