Australian College of Sports and Fitness
Job Location: Sydney, Australia
Employment Date: Semester Long
The Australian College of Sport & Fitness
(ACSF) provides professional education and qualifications for the
health and fitness industry. The College is part of an education group
that has been providing quality education for over 25 years and is a
government accredited training provider within the sport and fitness
sector. In addition, graduate students will be able to register with
Fitness Australia who is the leading association body for the sport and
fitness industry in Australia. Through our training and alumni network,
the College enjoys strong partnerships with many industry partners,
businesses and associations.
· The Australian College of Sport & Fitness offers two options for internships:
o Option A: Sports Management Internship
internship will place students in a sports business such as a fitness
centre or sports club where they will focus on skills such as marketing,
sales, customer service and administration.
also attend formal classroom training that may include; sports industry
policies and legislation, management, client services, practical skills
· For Business students with special interest in Sport & Fitness industry
· 3-4 days “business” internship placement focused on the sports and fitness industry
days formal industry training (50% in gym/ field based learning, 50% in
classroom) – will include training skills and regular industry
legislation and standards.
· Option B: Sports Practical Internship
o This internship will place students in a fitness centre in Sydney.
will focus on skills such as client training, fitness programming and
advice, customer service, centre maintenance and products.
o Students also attend formal classroom training that may include: fitness programming, nutrition, soft tissue and massage therapy, sports science, practical skills.
· For students in courses related to sports science, human movement
· 3 days internship placement it fitness centre
· 2 days formal industry training (50% in gym/ field based learning, 50% in classroom)
· 3 or 6 months
· Australian Skill Qualification achieved
· USA Skill Qualification option available
enrolled in a degree program that focuses on the sports or fitness
industry (business, exercise and sports science, physical therapy,
nutrition, occupational therapy, etc)
· Strong interest in the sport sector, Academic background and or practical experience in sports and fitness industry
· Willingness to work non-traditional hours typical of this sector if required i.e. weekend sport events
Flexible and Adaptable
· Desire to work with people, Engaging and committed, Motivated with demonstrated desire to learn
should specify their area of interest within the sports and fitness
industry in their cover letter and resume to assist IE3 and the ACSF in
securing a placement that meets their career goals. ACSF's study
programs are very adaptable. Equally, their partnerships are very strong
and generally with head persons of the fitness centers. So again, they
are accommodating too. ACSF is always keen for the potential student
(& professor) to put their wish list together and see how we can
make that happen.
Language Ability Needed: English
Duration of Internship: 3 to 6 months